- George & Myrtle Windhorst, 1911, Yellowstone Park (204 KB)
George & Myrtle Windhorst, 1911, Yellowstone Park, on their honeymoon
- S.S. Union,Wm. Windhorst's ship to America, 1867 (110 KB)
The ship S.S. Union that Wilhelm Windhorst, age 12, and his aunt and uncle, Anna and Heinrich Lühring, sailed on from Bremen to New York, arriving on June 29, 1867. It was owned by the Norddeutscher Lloyd company, headquartered in Bremen, and it specialized in carrying German emigrants to the US. It had only recently been launched, built in 1866-67 by the Scottish shipbuilders Caird & Co., in Greenock, Scotland. And it had a short life: in 1870 it was wrecked on Rattray Head, Aberdeen, Scotland, with no loss of life.
- George & Myrtle Windhorst as early motorists (61 KB)
George & Myrtle Windhorst as early motorists in Olivia, Minnesota(if you know the make of the car, please let me know at [email protected])
- William Windhorst in his office, Olivia, MN, 1911 (440 KB)
Wilhelm/William Windhorst (left) and his son George William Windhorst (middle)(The man on the right is unidentified.)In the office of "Wm. Windhorst Estate, Dealer in Lumber, Grain and Fuel", Olivia, Minnesota, 1911.
- J.F.G. Ehrenfried Seebach (later Anarand Seebach) (67 KB)
Mary Seebach Windhorst's grandfather, who, at age 55, fought a duel with the enlistment officer in order to serve in the Civil War.
- William Windhorst, undated portrait (928 KB)
William (Heinrich Dietrich Wilhelm) Windhorst, b. 1855 Wesenstedt, Germany, d. 1927 Olivia, Minnesota
- Windhorst family picnic (1922) - Granite Falls, MN (2178 KB)
William Windhorst, on the left, looking as if he has just strolled down from an Alp. Mary is in the center, but several other people in this picture remain unidentified. If you can help, please contact me at [email protected] .
- William Windhorst & Mary (Maria) Seebach wedding (204 KB)
William Windhorst & Mary (Maria) Seebach wedding, January 1, 1880, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- George W. Windhorst & the Olivia car club, 1908 (85 KB)
George W. Windhorst & the Olivia car club, 1908. George is in the middle with the long tie and goggles. Photo taken (and made into a postcard) after a drive to Ortonville, Minnesota, a round trip of 160 miles. Michael J. Dowling at extreme right.
- Wm. & Mary Windhorst & children, Christmas 1914 (199 KB)
l. to r.: Elsie, Oscar, Lenore, Flora, George, Ida, Jenny
- Wm. & Mary Windhorst w/ children & grandchildren (204 KB)
front row: Flora, Marie Schendel, Wm., Gorden Schendel, Mary, Wilhelmina Schendel, Jenny; held children: Marie Bordewich, John, Loren Schendel, Karl; back row: Lenore, Harald Bordewich (Flora), George, Oscar, Wm. Schendel (Jenny), Ida, Elsie, Myrtle (George)