The Family Home Page of Jerry Woodard:Information about John Woodard
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Woodard (d. Bet. 1840 - 1850)John Woodard (son of William Woodard and ??? Gibbs) died Bet. 1840 - 1850.He married Tabitha Dickerson on Apr 4, 1818 in Franklin County North Carolina, daughter of Thomas Dickerson.
Notes for John Woodard:
From "Franklin Co. NC Loose Papers..." It states a man named John Woodard was a juror for the Dec. Court in 1828.From the same book p.274/178 it states:"Petitions to build mill.Toliver Terrell (also mentioned as a commissioner to appraise estate of William Woodard) wanted to build a mill opposite the land of John Woodard on east side of Sandy Creek, Dec. 3, 1831.John Gibbs, father-in-law of William Woodard, also lived on Sandy Creek.
Sold land bet. 1833-1835 in Franklin Co., NC.In the 1820 NC census he is on the tax list as owning one slave.
More About John Woodard and Tabitha Dickerson:
Marriage: Apr 4, 1818, Franklin County North Carolina.
Marriage Notes for John Woodard and Tabitha Dickerson:
A witness to the marriage was Jord. Hill and the minister is believed to be Richard Alley.
Children of John Woodard and Tabitha Dickerson are:
- +Jordan Lemuel Woodard, b., Franklin County North Carolina, d. Sep 15, 1878, Smith County Tennessee.
- +Joseph Woodard, b. 1815, North Carolina, d. Abt. 1876, Smith County Tennessee.
- +William Woodard, b. Abt. 1820, North Carolina, d. Nov 10, 1902.
- +Henry Woodard, b. Jun 21, 1826, North Carolina, d. Oct 9, 1893.
- John Woodard, b. 1824, North Carolina, d. date unknown.
- +Lucy Woodard, b. 1818, North Carolina, d. Aft. 1880, Smith County Tennessee.
- Nicholas Woodard, b., North Carolina, d. Aft. Sep 22, 1848.
- Mary A. Woodard, b. 1829, North Carolina, d. date unknown.