The Home Page of Rosamond Worrell:Information about Drury Rogers
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Drury Rogers (b. Abt. 1737, d. February 15, 1791)Drury Rogers (son of Joseph Rogers and Sarah Mary Ferguson) was born Abt. 1737 in Surry County, VA, and died February 15, 1791 in Wilkes County, GA.He married Tabitha Unnamed on 1759 in Johnstson County, NC.
Notes for Drury Rogers:
After Drury Rogers' father's death in Northampton County, NC, he along with several of his brothers moved to Johnston County, NC.He was a sergeant in Capt. James Wooten's militia company in Johnston County, NC in 1754.He sold his land in Johnston County, NC, Februrary 3, 1773 and on October 15, 1773 made application for land before the Ceded Lands Commission of GA, stating that his family consisted of wife, three sons and five daughters, ages 1 to 13 years.He settled with his family near the Quaker Colony of Wrightsboro in 1774 and joined a number of others in the vicinity in signing a resolution against patriots.He gave up his pacifist tendencies and joined the Revolutin in the GA troops.He received a land grant on the Ogeechee River in Wilkes and Washington Counties, GA.Drury Rogers was appointed Justice of the Peace in Wilkes County, GA.
According to the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Patriot Index, Drury Rogers was a private in civil service during the Revolutionary War.
More About Drury Rogers and Tabitha Unnamed:
Marriage: 1759, Johnstson County, NC.
Children of Drury Rogers and Tabitha Unnamed are:
- Drury Rogers, b. 1759, d. Bef. 1785.
- Brittain Rogers, b. October 11, 1761, Johnstson County, NC, d. April 22, 1835, Monroe County, GA.
- Burwell Rogers, b. 1763, Johnstson County, NC, d. October 29, 1832.
- Talitha Rogers, b. 1765, d. date unknown.
- Tabitha Rogers, b. 1767, d. October 1833, Putnam County, GA.
- Priscilla Rogers, b. Abt. 1771, d. date unknown.
- +Sarah Rogers, b. Abt. 1771, d. Bef. 1805, Probably GA.
- Faith Rogers, b. Abt. 1772, d. date unknown.
- Mary Rogers, b. Abt. 1774, d. date unknown.
- Michael Rogers, b. Abt. 1776, d. date unknown.
- John Rogers, b. Abt. 1778, d. date unknown.