Wright,Smith,Harris,Newbold Tree:Information about Thomas 141 Newbold
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Thomas 141 Newbold (b. February 26, 1701/02, d. September 16, 1741)Thomas 141 Newbold (son of Michael 14 Newbold and Rachel Cleayton) was born February 26, 1701/02 in Burlington County, NJ, and died September 16, 1741 in Burlington County, NJ.He married Edith Coate on May 25, 1724.
Notes for Thomas 141 Newbold:
Thomas 141 was born in Springfield Township, Burlington Co, West Jersey on February 26, 1701/02 and died there in September 1741, being buried on the 16th of that month. On May 25, 1724, he married Edith Coate, daughter of Marmaduke Coate and Ann Pole, who was born in Somerset County. England. The Coate family emigrated to Burlington in 1715. Thomas inherited from his father the Olenick homestead farm where he lived for some years. In 1737 he build a substantial brick home on the south side of the road. He held various township offices, such as a trustee of the Chesterfield monthly meeting and his children , their mother being a Quakers,were accounted birthright Friends. Two sons of Tomas 141 have lefts descent which flourishes to the present day. They are Caleb, 141-2 and William 141-3. It well be observed that a preponderance of all present-day male descendants of Michael #1 have the initial digits 141-2 or 141-3 in the serial numbers.
More About Thomas 141 Newbold and Edith Coate:
Marriage: May 25, 1724
Children of Thomas 141 Newbold and Edith Coate are:
- Michael (141-1) d.y. Newbold, b. April 06, 1726, d. date unknown.
- Mary ( Wright)(Sykes) Newbold, b. February 11, 1728/29, d. date unknown.
- +Caleb 141-2 Newbold, b. March 16, 1730/31, Springfield Tsp.,, d. March 1786, Springfield Tsp.,.
- Hanna (Wood) Newbold, b. May 27, 1734, d. date unknown.
- +William 141-3 Newbold, b. November 10, 1736, Springfield Tsp., Burlington, NJ, d. August 07, 1793, Chesterfield Tsp., Burlington, NJ.