Wright,Smith,Harris,Newbold Tree:Information about Michael 142 Newbold
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Michael 142 Newbold (b. October 08, 1706, d. 1763)Michael 142 Newbold (son of Michael 14 Newbold and Rachel Cleayton) was born October 08, 1706 in Springfield Tsp.,, and died 1763 in Chesterfield Tsp., Burlington, NJ.He married Susanna Scholey on 1730.
Notes for Michael 142 Newbold:
Michael 142, was born in Springfield Township, Burlington County, West Jersey on October 8, 1706. He died in Chesterfield Township, Burlington County in 1763. He was twice married, first to Susanna Scholey in 1730 and by whom all nine of his children were born. Later in life he married Esther Wilson, widow of Henry Wilson. Susanna Scholey's grandfather emigrated at the same time as Michael#1 and also from Yorkshire. In 1173, Michael 142 (third of that name) build a large brick home about a mile from that build the next year by his brother Thomas. The house still stands (1991) and has been known as "Earlham".During his life he made substantial real-estate purchases, including a tract in Kensington, Philadelphia. He held numerous local officessuch as a chosen freeholder, collector and surveyor of highways. He was not a birthright Friend, but was identified with the Quakers, being at one time trustee of the Springfield Monthly Meeting and a representative to the Yearly Meeting in Philadelphia.
More About Michael 142 Newbold and Susanna Scholey:
Children of Michael 142 Newbold and Susanna Scholey are:
- Ann (Taylor) Newbold, b. January 02, 1732/33, d. date unknown.
- Rebecca (Earl) Newbold, b. November 13, 1739, d. date unknown.
- Mary (Emley) Newbold, b. February 02, 1740/41, d. date unknown.
- Susanna (Hough) Newbold, b. February 03, 1749/50, d. date unknown.
- +Cleayton 142-2 Newbold, b. August 07, 1731, Chesterfield Tsp., Burlington, NJ, d. July 07, 1812, "Cloverdale" Burlington County, NJ.