My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Mary M Tattershall
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Mary M Tattershall (b. 1639, d. Aft. 1685)Mary M Tattershall (daughter of William Tattershall and Ann Lewger) was born 1639 in Wiltshire, England, and died Aft. 1685 in St. Mary's County, Maryland.She married John Jarboe.
Notes for Mary M Tattershall:
Mary was nine years of age when she and her brother, William Tattershall were brought to the Maryland by John Pile in 1648.
Above was taken from Gough History published by Thomas Gough in 1960. J.W.G.
Birth: Abt 1630 in Wiltshire,England
* Death: 1677 in St. Marys City,Maryland
* Immigration: 1648 Transported by John Pile
2 DATE 1630
Not all information verified and/or documented. Not all are my direct
line (only those denoted by *). Please use this as a guide and
contact me or the source for more information. I am actively making
updates and corrections and reposting the information.
* Change Date: 9 MAY 2002 at 17:10:00
Father: William TATTERSHALL b: Abt 1605 in Wiltshire,England
Mother: Ann LEWGER b: Abt 1601
Marriage 1 John JARBOE b: 1619 in Dijon,France
* Married: Abt 1648 in SMC,MD 2
1. John JARBOE b: Abt 1659 in SMC,MD
2. Mary JARBOE b: Abt 1669 in SMC,MD
3. Peter JARBOE b: FEB 1670/1671 in SMC,MD
4. Henry JARBOE b: APR 1672 in SMC,MD
Marriage 2 Steven GOUGH b: BET. 1650 - 1690
* Married: BET. 1673 - 1675 3
1. James GOUGH b: BET. 1665 - 1700
2. Benjamin GOUGH b: BET. 1665 - 1710
3. Mary GOUGH b: BET. 1665 - 1710
4. Monica GOUGH b: BET. 1665 - 1710
John Jarbor married William Tattershall's sister not his daughter. William Tattershall's will was made 25 June 1670 and at that time Mary (his daughter) was not of age.
"Item 1 give and bequest all my personal Estate all my debts and funeral charges bring satisfied and discharged to my Loving Wife Ann Tattershall, and to my son Lawrence Tattershall and my daughter Mary Tattershall to be equally devided between them and the said estate to be and remain in custody of my said Wife till they shall come of age".
John Jarboe married Mary Tattershall abt 1648. William Tattershall's daughter was not even born then.J.W.G.
John Jarboe married William Tattershall's sister who later married Stephen Gough, son of William Gough. Their son Benjamin Gough, married Jane Clarke, daughter of Robert Clarke Sr. & Sarah Combs (d/o Abrahan). John Jarboe was the administrator of William Tattershall's Estate.
!Info from "Colonial Settlers of St Clement's Bay" by Louise Donnelly;
Beth Nall (5/02);
Bob Alvey ;
alternate 1st marriage date about 1640
alternate death date 1677
came to Province of MD in 1648; transported by John Pile;
More About Mary M Tattershall:
Record Change: June 02, 2004
Children of Mary M Tattershall and John Jarboe are:
- +Mary Jarboe, b. Abt. 1669, St. Mary's County, Maryland, d. December 17, 1739, Charles County, Maryland.