The Scheatzle and Smith Family Origins:Information about Anna Catherina Zimmer-Simmers
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Anna Catherina Zimmer-Simmers (b. March 27, 1832, d. June 1880)Anna Catherina Zimmer-Simmers (daughter of Gerard Zimmer and Anna Catherine Rodorff) was born March 27, 1832 in Palmersheim, Prussia, and died June 1880 in Schuylkill County, PA.She married George Scheatzle on October 25, 1849 in St. John's Roman Catholic Church, Pottsville, Schuylkill County, PA.
Notes for Anna Catherina Zimmer-Simmers:
Have copy of the ship manifest.The Zimmer family left from the port of Rotterdam aboard the ship Garrone and arrived in New York on June 5, 1844.
I originally had George's wife as Katherine Allgeyer.Since then I have found his wife was Anna Catherine Zimmer (Simmers).When the name was changed from Zimmer to Simmers is not certain.Via the internet, I have met a third cousin, David Simmers.Dave and I have been comparing notes and sharing research info on the Scheatzle and Zimmer/Simmers families.It seems the Simmers' men were also coal miners and were in much of the same locations as the Scheatzle's.
Listed in the Biographical and Portrait Cyclopedia of Cambria County, Pennsylvania published in 1896.
More About Anna Catherina Zimmer-Simmers and George Scheatzle:
Marriage: October 25, 1849, St. John's Roman Catholic Church, Pottsville, Schuylkill County, PA.
Children of Anna Catherina Zimmer-Simmers and George Scheatzle are:
- Joseph Scheatzle, b. 1847, d. date unknown.
- Catherine Scheatzle, b. 1851, Ashland, Schuylkill County, PA, d. date unknown.
- George Scheatzle, b. 1853, Ashland, Schuylkill County, PA, d. date unknown.
- +Martin Scheatzle, b. February 1856, Ashland, Schuylkill County, PA, d. 1919, Nanty Glo, Cambria County, PA.
- Mary Scheatzle, b. 1857, Ashland, Schuylkill County, PA, d. date unknown.
- +John Scheatzle, b. 1866, Ashland, Schuykill County, PA, d. 1917, Duryea, PA.