My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Samuel Mountfort Pitts
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Samuel Mountfort Pitts (b. Abt. 1810, d. Abt. 1868)Samuel Mountfort Pitts (son of Thomas Pitts)1731 was born Abt. 1810 in Port Preble, Portland Harbor, Maine1732, and died Abt. 1868 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan1732.He married Sarah Merrill on Abt. 1836 in Maine1732.
Notes for Samuel Mountfort Pitts:
[Copy of Bailey.ftw]
After studying law at Harvard (class of 1830), the young Samuel came to
Detroit, where he entered the law offices of General Charles Larned.The young
man bore a letter of introduction from General H.A.S. Dearborn (1783-1851) to
General Larned, who had served under the elder General Henry Dearborn
(1751-1829) in the War of 1812.Upon Larned's death, Samuel Pitts succeeded to
his law business, but left it in order to devote his full time to his vast
There is a picture painted by John Mix Stanley of Detroit in 1869.
"EIGHT GENERATIONS OF THE PITTS FAMILY"
The Detroit Institute of Art (1959)
More About Samuel Mountfort Pitts and Sarah Merrill:
Marriage: Abt. 1836, Maine.1732
Children of Samuel Mountfort Pitts and Sarah Merrill are:
- Julia Pitts, b. Abt. 1837, Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan1732, d. WFT Est. 1838-19311732.
- Elizabeth Pitts, b. Abt. 1839, Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan1732, d. WFT Est. 1840-19331732.
- +Thomas Pitts, b. October 11, 1841, Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan1732, d. October 28, 1907, Pittsfield, Massachusetts1732.
- Frances Pitts, b. Abt. 1843, Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan1732, d. WFT Est. 1844-19371732.
- Caroline Pitts, b. Abt. 1845, Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan1732, d. WFT Est. 1846-19391732.
- Isabella Pitts, b. Abt. 1847, Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan1732, d. WFT Est. 1848-19411732.