The Bruce R. Zagel Home Page:Information about Herman Heinrich Richard Zagel
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Herman Heinrich Richard Zagel (b. January 19, 1859, d. January 6, 1936)Herman Heinrich Richard Zagel (son of Andreas Johann Ludwig Konrad Zagel and Anna Sophia Fruechtenicht) was born January 19, 1859 in Columbus, Indiana, and died January 6, 1936 in Peoria, Illinois.He married Amanda A. Fritsch on April 21, 1896 in St. Louis, Missouri, daughter of Bruno Fritsch and Hulda Karau.
Notes for Herman Heinrich Richard Zagel:
1. Writer of several books: Zagel's Allerlie, Jack Roostand, Jack Roostand 2, Aus Fruhlingstagen, Dies und Das und noch Etwas.
2. Was given the nickname: "the Mark Twain of the German Language"
3. Served as a Lutheran teacher at: Gretna, Louisiana (1882-1884); Trinity, Lutheran, St. Louis, Missouri (1884-1899); Lutheran Orphanage, Des Peres, Missouri (1899-1904); Christ Lutheran, Peoria, Illinois (1904-1918).
More About Herman Heinrich Richard Zagel:
Comment 1: Teaches at Gretna, LA 1882-1884.
Comment 2: Teaches/Trinity Luth, St. Louis 1884-1889.
Ethnicity/Relig.: German/Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Event 1: 1936, Buried in St. Louis, Missouri.
Event 2: 1882, Graduates from Addison (IL) Teachers Coll..
Personality/Intrst: Author of several books & articles.
More About Herman Heinrich Richard Zagel and Amanda A. Fritsch:
Marriage: April 21, 1896, St. Louis, Missouri.
Children of Herman Heinrich Richard Zagel and Amanda A. Fritsch are:
- Vera Zagel, b. February 21, 1897, Des Peres, Missouri, d. April 8, 1994, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Irma Paulina Zagel, b. September 7, 1900, Des Peres, Missouri72, d. February 21, 1974, Peoria, Illinois72.
- +Bruno Carl Martin Zagel, b. January 20, 1902, Des Peres, Missouri73, d. February 4, 1980, St. Louis, Missouri73.
- Oliver Zagel, b. date unknown, d. 1909.